Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Pumpkin Events

This owl is one of my favorite pumpkins I carved this year. I carved it while I was supposed to be "helping" my niece carve her pumpkin but then she mysteriously disappeared just long enough for me to do all the heavy carving. She reappeared just as I finished the last touches on the owls feathers and then wanted share in the basking of the compliments on "her" owl pumpkin. Oh well.... I guess I cant say that I didnt do that myself when I was a little tike. Just as long as there is a cool pumpkin in the end right?   
Here is me with MY ghoul pumpkin.... but shortly after I finished this one I started (and finished) the work on my other niece's pumpkin. It was the skull and cross bones.... I absolutely loved that out of all the patterns there were, that was the one that she picked. I love her quirky little personality. That pumpkin turned out alright as well. But, man those teeth were hard.
Here they are displayed on my sisters porch. I whipped out some light painting to try to get them to look their spookiest.
Check out the leaves on my sisters trees in her front yard. I think they are the coolest. All the best colors all at one time.

On actual halloween it was a little harder to have a good time. Its definitely different handing out the candy instead of being the one getting it... there was always just long enough a pause in between each doorbell ring for me to think that there were no more and I could start to watch a movie.....but no although the rain slowed the flow the kiddies still kept coming. But after awhile my hubby started answering the door with me to see all the little kids costumes, we had a whole bunch more trick or treaters this year as all the million little tikes in our growing neighborhood are getting older, and we started keeping track of how many storm troopers and tinkerbells we saw. Finally the doorbell stopped and we got to cuddle up on our couch next to the fire to eat old fashioned donuts and drink rootbeer and watch movies.    


1 comment:

Barb said...

Our Halloween was the exact opposite! We never get any trick or treaters!