
Back at the beginning of March our neighborhood banned
together to welcome home a couple of soldiers that had
been deployed in Afghanistan for 14 months, one of them
being the husband of a sweet friend and the father to these
sweet boys that I have been babysitting these last few months.
We all tied yellow ribbons around all the trees and hung up
american flags. I sure hope those soldiers felt the gratitude we
all feel for their amazing service as they drove home through the
streets lined with stars, stripes, and ribbons. I know better now,
having worked so closely with a family of one of these brave soldiers,
what large and difficult sacrifices are made by the soldier and by their
family when they go to defend and protect our nation and our families.
I want to say thank you to all those amazing examples of
sacrifice for their service. I am so grateful for all the freedoms
that I get to partake of, and sometimes take for granted, every day.
I truly feel so blessed. It makes me so happy to see that these men
arrive home safety to be with their families again.
::Welcome Home::

{but this does mean that I wont be able to enjoy the awesomeness
of hanging out with these lil men anymore....well at least as regularly
as I use to, I'll miss you guys}
1 comment:
That's neat that your neighborhood found a way to show their support and gratitude. I bet Thomas and Sam are glad to have their daddy home!
Post a Comment