Monday, August 24, 2009

Sounds of Summer


Went to a couple of lovely concerts on the grassy
hills of Deer Valley this summer.

The 1st was the songs of Abba sung
by the best Swedish Abba cover band Waterloo,
backed by the Utah Symphony.
Husband and I went with my fam.
We enjoyed the tastes of one of my favorite
restaurants before, The Grappa, then we boogied
to disco music all evening. The performers were all
dolled up to look like the original band members
(still wondering if the one guy's hair was a wig,
had to be dang it!)
The costumes were awesome, they would
change about every 4 songs. Kitch and I really loved
the red and green ones, we would want a fox on both
of ours though. We got to learn the Swedish finger
dance, we totally rocked out and boogied to every song.
We weren't alone, plenty of other people were
dancing too, but only......they were drunk.
Not even worried, we had a blast.
I always have a good time with my fam.


Then a few weeks after I got to go with my
culture club to hear Mozart's 3rd. loved it.
Things were cooling off a bit but I didnt mind,
snuggling under blankets and sipping
hot chocolate. I always have a ball at the symphony,
every time I try to concentrate on the performers and
try to make sense of the conductors movements, but I
always seem to drift into a movie in my mind inspired
by the music in which Im listening to
but which also acts as the soundtrack.

1 comment:

The Kitch said...

I love the last picture where we are trying to "naturally" watch the concert