It took so much work to put up wonderland in my
basement, I wantedto play in it as long as I could.
I had all the little girls (and adult girls) in the family
over for tea. My mom brought some dress ups for
the lil ones. I dressed up as the white and had everyone
follow me down the rabbit hole. I cant tell you how
fun it was to see how magical the girls thought the
rabbit hole was.
I cooked up some more tea treats to
go along with what was left over from the earlier
drink me bottles at Walmart (loved this find) and
filled them with different flavors of poweraid. (instead
of different flavors of full throttle). The poweraid
provided such perfect colors. I made more eat me cookies
(they werent as artistic as I wanted them to be....I was
tending that morning and did my cooking in between
playing with playdough and cleaning up the playroom.)
But everyone loved the leftover sangira and peach herbal
iced tea (Nora drank two teapots full.... as well as countless
drink me bottles of "drink me potion")

We had alice, the mad hatter, and the door mouse present.
After lunch we colored alice in wonderland coloring
pages, watched Disney's Alice in Wonderland, and made
ribbon roses in the garden room. I remember making
countless roses like these out of my moms ribbon as a
little girl....I must have wasted a majority of my moms
wrapping ribbon when I wanted to fill a basket full of
ribbon roses so I would look like Eliza Doolittle.
We made a crown of roses with all the extras. So beautiful.
It was the first time seeing the movie for all the little
girls and they got into it so much Nora and Audrey
had to change and become white rabbits.

Ahh wonderland is so fun but now after two parties
I think I need to take it down and commence with
normal life.













1 comment:
Wow Beth! Your parties are amazing! I wish I could have seen it in real life. I bet the little girls were enchanted! You make everything magical:)
Post a Comment