I have loved being in a book club. I have enjoyed expanding
my reading library, the mind opening discussions,
and making sweet and lasting friendships.
One book club that I happened to document was our
discussion of the book "Team of Rivals".
This book delves deeply into Abraham Lincoln's
life and political career before and after he was elected
president. The book also studies the lives and
personalities of Lincoln's running mates and those he
chose to put in his cabinet to work and council beside him.
This book is a monster, super long, intense vocabulary,
every sentence loaded with information. Kinda like reading
a textbook. The only way I was able to get through it was to
listen to a bulk of it on CD on my commutes to work. I learned
so much about how great a man Abraham Lincoln was, a unique
combination of strength and humility. I wouldn't have pick this
book up if it weren't for my book club, but Im glad that I did
and that my mind and understanding has been expanded
because of it. Thank you ladies.
I pulled out everything that I had that
was patriotic to decorate and make our meeting special.
they had a raffle and gave out way cool prizes. We had a
soup buffet, I made a spicy tomato. Sour cream and blue
chips made that all american too.






1 comment:
Ahh, posts like these make my heart melt. I LOVE seeing others enjoy book club as much as I do! Bethany, I have enjoyed you at book club more than you can know. You bring so many great ideas, thoughts, comments, and energy to the group and it is NOT the same when your not there. Thank you for all you do and all the time you put into helping me make book club more than just a monthly get-together. It feel like a true sisterhood to me, where everyone cares about everyone else and it's something I didn't know I needed in my life and I'm so grateful for it and everyone involved in it. I love you and thank you for bringing a giant smile to my face today with this post!
Love you,
Kelly
Post a Comment