Two days after we got home from the South my dad, Reece, and I
all raced in the Utah century Ride. A course that takes you from the
fair grounds, past Layton & Syracuse, across the Great Salt Lake to
Antelope Island, and back.
There are two check points with food and water, the first at 13 miles in
and the second at 35 miles in. And then you can hit them all coming
back too. The boys raced off and I never saw them again, though
throughout the race we did call cell phones for check ups and I was
pleased to hear I was only minutes away from missing them both at the two
check points. (being that close behind is more flattering than you think)
All of us were worried that after barely any training and then eating
tons of rich and greasy food for the past two weeks would make
the race un-do-able for all of us. Biking has never been my strong point
and for me to make it to the second check point, still sure that I had
enough in me to make it back, was a big accomplishment for me.
So in total I biked 70+ miles while Reece and my Dad went all the
way to Antelope Island and back to complete the full race which was
actually a little more than a 100 miles. Way to go!
I totally forgot my camera as I was also doing the race, but I did
wait for a couple hours after I finished to get these pictures of the
boys rounding the last corner of the race, with my iphone.
I love the way it feels to push and achieved physical goals.
Thanks Dad for the great example.


No comments:
Post a Comment