The next morning we woke up at 4 am to take another
boat ride on the the Ganges, this time to watch the sunrise.
The hustle and bustle around the river had such a different
feel to it, lighter and more cheerful.
There were many Yoga sun salutations. I loved these children
doing their stretches at all their different levels.
Monkey's starting early on their mischief.
After the boat ride our very inattentive guide took us through the back alley's of the
city. It was too early for shops to be open and the streets were vacant of people,
all we saw were dead and alive rats, diseased dogs, and tons of cow poop that
we had to pay attention not to step in. Our guide was busy munching on his
packet opiets and didn't say one word about the town. We eventually
had to ask to go back to our hotel, so I could look up on the internet
what I was supposed to be learning about the area.
We then took a short nap before flying out.
It was too bad that our last taste of India was so pointless. Many of you know
that if you asked Reece if he liked India right after we came home he totally
said no, not one bit. But I had to remind him that we shouldn't judge our whole
trip based off our last experience. It is true that traveling in India has been hard
and quite a culture shock. But we have learned so much, and seen some
really beautiful things. And many hotels we stayed at had the most welcoming
atmosphere ever.












1 comment:
It's too bad that you had such a poor experience in Varanasi. I never made it up there, but I've been told that it's supposed to be very nice.
Post a Comment