Team "Madison Weight" has been training for the pumpkinman
tri all summer long, waking up at 5 every morning to go running
and then lift weights right after.
We all drove down to Vegas for the event. We were a little surprised
and a little unprepared to find out that the course had two transition
areas. We were able to locate the second one and set up our running
gear but we were going to have to find the first one in the morning
before the race. We loaded up on carbs with dinner at the Cheesecake
factory that night. In the morning we were scrambling to try to find
the starting line. We showed up late and a few of our divisions waves
had already gone. We rushed to get all our stuff out of the car and
get ready. I whipped out my gear, ran to set up my bike, then ran
(while pulling on my wet suit) to the water where the 40 and older
womens division had just set off. I caught up to them and had a
great swim. I got out of the water and to my bike to find out
I had made a big mistake... I had left my helmet in the car, and
Reece had the keys. I knew the race wouldnt let me ride without a
helmet so I had to wait till Reece got out of the water after his swim.
I must have missed him cause I waited till almost everyone had
left the area. I had no decision than to get disqualified. I had to
chase after the last car leaving (which happened to be part of the
airforce team) and hitch a ride to the second transition area.
I got to the area and changed into my running shoes just in
time to see the Weights ride in after biking. Turns out
they had missed their swimming times and just started with
the biking. So we set out to run the last leg all together.
It was a very fun run. All we could do about the mishaps
earlier was laugh. Reece was the only one that did the
olympic distance so we waited to cheer him on at the finish
line. Reece did awesome! He did ALL the legs and did such a
great job. All in all it was a fun race and we learned a lot.
We hope to do this tri again and finish it right.
We then drove to the strip where we checked into THEhotel,
took naps, then got all dressed up for a night in the town.
We started the night out with shopping.
Then had dinner at a restaurant that I have wanted to eat
at for years. MIX at the Mandalay bay. The decor is amazing
and so chic.
The food was wonderful. Modern American.
The to the stratosphere to ride all the rides on top. Its my first time.
Then to freemont street to see all the lights.
Races are so fun, Im so happy when doing them.
And that high makes everything after fun too.
Cant wait till we do another one.































No comments:
Post a Comment