Thursday, August 28, 2008

On the Homefront

So I decided to take a break from the Europe posts as so much has been going on here at home since the day we got back from over seas. Dont worry I will get back to Italy and hopefully get to posting pictures of Greece and Turkey but this post and a few others should get us back to speed with whats been going on since our trip.

First of all I want to say that I was half way through uploading the pictures for this post when I noticed that all the color was wrong. As a photographer that totally bugged me, I had edited and shot for a specific look and all the pics where posting all drab. So after some intense searching for the problem I figured out that I had exported all the pics from my RAW browser in the wrong color space (and it had to be a one that the web doesnt recognize). So I deleted all that I had done, re-exported, re-uploaded, and reposted. That should give you a clue into my very perfectionist personality and also what goes into all the picture processing that I do on a daily bases.

  But moving on....Just days after we got home from our trip my cousin Mary Kathryn got married and I was asked to shoot pictures of the reception. I included a few at the bottom of the post. Dont worry MK and Dianne Im almost done with the whole wedding and will get you your CD soon.
  Then a couple days after that we had our Johns Family Reunion up at the Homestead in Midway UT. Our family has been having this reunion for 22 years every other year (11 reunions total) and over all these years we have really developed some great relationships, traditions, and memories. It seems only last year that my cousins and I were the children running around in front of the bunk houses, but its now the next generation. So many little kids and babies! mainly little girls too. We still managed to get in our adult volleyball team (I was on the winning team this year....suckas) and our amazing shakes at Grannie's. But we also had fun playing rockband (sydney was way determined.... she will be the first pro old drummer under the age of 8, pretty sure), swimming, pretend fairies, and talking out on the porches. It was a blast.











Bry, Im so glad that we are buds. You are amazing.
Lisa it was great to see you.

Family...for those of you that wanted pictures... either these or the family group shots that I took I created a kodak gallery that I sent you all links to via email. I love using Kodak...this way you can all get the pictures that you want printed and mailed to your door and me not have to worry about sending a million emails with a million huge attachments. Yay!
Disclaimer: A majority of the pics are of our little fairies, and also of little Mia. Sorry about this. Mia just wouldnt smile for me and I had to rise to the challenge...wouldnt you? but if any of you guys got more great shots (Todd....) you should make a gallery too and then share it with all of us.

Congrats Mary Kathryn and Andres.
Been trying out my new lens baby. I still need a ton more practice.





Thanks David.... your always a pleasure.

Another challenger of mine. Lizzie.



3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! You got so many great pictures. The tutu pictures are adorable. The wedding pictures are really pretty. I'm glad you got a picture of David with his jokes. Hehe. What kind of lens is your new lens?

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS PICTURES! I ORDERED EVERY ONE IN THE WHOLE KODAK GALLERY! THE WEDDING IS BEAUTIFUL TOO. GOOD WORK! MOM

Emily S. said...

Thanks for the amazing pictures Bethany! I am so excited to check out all the ones you posted on Kodak. It was so fun to be with you and Reece at the Homestead. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for documenting what I wasn't able to.