
Just some more autumn fun. We had a fall feast with our buds Josh and Crystal. I cooked lemon and rosemary encrusted chicken, stuffing balls, mashed sweet potatoes, homemade rolls, and red bell pepper soup. Crystal brought yummy cider to wash it all down with. I love setting my table for fall dinners as my mustard and cream square plates look great together with the tweedy placemats and napkins that I have. I had a fall flower arrangement in one of my painted ginger jars from Rhodes (picture to follow I love these jars) and a bowl full of freshly picked apples from my neighbors tree. Sorry I dont have pictures of the whole dinner affair I just got all caught up in cooking (something that I really love doing but I need lots of practice in to be as gourmet as I want to be).
Then after the feast we went to the cornmaze down at thanksgiving point. (yes the one that was in the shape of david archuleta..... dont judge.) I have never successfully navigated a corn maze and was determined to push through. We chose the harder of the two routes and selected the "history" question guide (a way to be guided to check point to check point by answering the questions). But after about 15 min we had given up on the history guide and was wondering aimlessly through the dried corn stalks all the while our noses getting redder with the cold.










We didn't know a general direction to journey to find the exit.... so we trekked to all four corners of the maze to just end up exiting the way we went in. It was still fun though. It was hilarious to watch Josh try to scare the other people in the maze. He could be pretty scary as a huge dark silhouette popping out from behind the walls of corn.
Outside the maze there was this amazing tower of professionally carved (fake) pumpkins. This is what I have in mind when I set out to carve pumpkins..... but usually not what the other people that Im with have in mind. Someday I will create my carved masterpiece.




There was also this blown up creature that you could walk through to get scared. Crystal and I both allowed ourselves to get pretty scared while we were walking in the pitch black feeling the inside walls of the creature trying to find a way out. The creepiest thing was the fake dead person that was made to appear to have curled up and died having never found a way out. In all it was totally a fall fun filled evening.
1 comment:
yay! i love that you posted this! that really was such a fun night. i love the pic of you creeping out of the corn!
Post a Comment