
flown the nest I havent been able to get things to turn
out the way they should. Years have past that I have yet
to get my dads greek crown loaves to work out. Its
been so frustrating. Then my sister introduced me to a
new easy "fool-proof" bread recipe and I got so stoked,
but then I went ahead and tried it.... I broke my bread
mixer and the whole batch was ruined. My reaction was
very close to Julie's in "Julie and Julia" (the incident with
stuffing that hen), my sweet husband was so sweet and
supportive through it all (it was so pathetic, me sobbing
on his shoulder). So I called a few people and discussed
what the problem could have been. The next day I set out
yet again determined to not be deterred. After trying a few
things that I had discussed I finally got my first batch of
perfect dough! Im so glad that I didnt give up.
We have now been rolling in the bread...wheat loaves,
cinnamon swirl loaves, dessert braids, stuffed crust
herb chicken pizza....yummy. I hope now that I can get
those greek crown loaves perfected before the holidays.





5 comments:
Mmmmmm, looking good! I'm glad you stuck with it!
Oooooo! Share your secrets! Beautiful, Bethany!
Will you share your fool-proof recipes? I love baking bread too!
Bethany! Why do you have to taunt me so?! They all look so yummmy!
teach me now! when you come down for u2 lets have a bake off and cook up some yummy food together! love you!
Post a Comment