Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Reece's Remarkable and Joyous Jubilee

My sweet Reece's birthday was awhile ago but I still wanted
to get the pictures up to remember all the fun memories.
The day of the party was pretty hectic and I took probably
a grand total of 3 pictures the whole night so all this time
 I have been collecting pictures from various people who 
were awesome and documented the event with their own 
cameras. Thank you to all for letting me steal and use your pics, 
my posterity and I will be so glad to have these moments
to view in the future. Reece's celebrations started with a little 
breakfast treat in bed from dear mum and pops Madison. 
The party planning started weeks ahead when I decided 
on the theme and the activities. The major activity being 
my family playing as my back up band for a song I would
sing with my neighbor to Reece. I got a set of used childs
drums that I got my brother in law (a pro at the drums in
rockband) to play in the band. My sister Jenny was a gem 
and picked out and transcribed, on staff tablature!, all the
different instraments' parts plus perfected playing the 
piano part, Kate played the xylophone part on a keyboard
set to the closest sound to a xylophone, Dad pulled out his
violin skills to play the part that is normally the trumpet 
part in the song, and my sweet neighbor Mandi sang vocals
with me (she did a great job picking out the harmony part).
Band practice was always a good time. Thank you sweet
people for jumping into your parts without hesitation and 
not being wierded out by my request to turn you into a 
band. Guess the people in my life have learned to stay on
their toes as they never know what I will be asking their help
on next. The theme was carnival, fried chicken, soda's in glass
bottles, red, white, blue, and yellow, carmel popcorn, gum balls,
and lollipops.
Kitch helped (more like single handedly) make the "Fast
Food" desserts. Idea found here...
http://www.bakerella.com/fast-food-fun/
but wherever there is a "Happy Fathers Day"
I put a "Happy Birthday".

An hour before the party the weather decided to turn sour
and start pouring rain. All helping hands were then put on
rearranging duty in pulling the tables out of the rain and
putting the other furniture out on the lawn so that there
would be room to set up the tables and food on the patio,
under the deck and out of the wet. Certain ideas of having
painted paper table cloths, and the bands sound system set
up under the pergola decorated with twinkle lights, were
abandoned and last minute decoration solutions were put
into place. Thanks to all who helped in the chaos, you know
who you all are, you really saved me in a time of need. Im
so happy with how everything came together, even if it was
 in the last few minutes, literally.



I had everyone enter a raffle as they entered for a chance 
to win some prizes. The theme of the prizes was "get to 
know Reece" so to get the prize the person pulled would
have to answer a trivia question, if answered correctly
the winner was then bestowed with a prize related the the
question they answered. Questions included: what is Reece's
favorite snack? favorite movie? List a hidden talent Reece
has..., What does Reece's do when he is happy or listening
to music? what would Reece's reaction be to a chocolate
cake sitting on a counter unprotected?

Reece then got sung happy birthday to by the crowd and had
a sparkler in a cupcake to make a wish over.

Then the band performed. You guys sounded so good!!!
The whole evening a homemade photobooth was open
under the stairs to all the guests. I loved how so many
of you got into that fun activity, Ahh I love the pictures you
took. 

Thank you everyone for all the fun memories.
Happy Birthday to my sweetheart. I love you more
everyday. I am so blessed to have you 
in my life.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

This was an awesome party! Great memories - although I'm still a little bummed I didn't win the cake :)

Molly said...

WOW. Seriously!? Cutest party ever. If there were a competition... you would definitely kick A:)