
{A pano I took in Ucluelet over New Years}
I have admit that I have stressed a little bit about
I have admit that I have stressed a little bit about
deciding on resolutions for this next year, Im feeling
the pressure to create different goals yet ones that
I will definitely want to work on and be excited to
do. Traveling plans have been continually changing
and sometimes even thrown out the window completely...
just to be blown back in again for some more consideration.
Ive decided that my goals will be those little things I have
wanted to learn, to practice, to finish... things I can slip in here
and there in between the larger events of life. Things that
I can be working on in the background and that I can do
over a longer period of time (taking the pressure off that
a huge time commitment can add on). A lot of the goals were
made in attempts to push me to finish the last lingering
details of projects past so I can finally wash my hands of them.
Many of the goals are "Rollovers" from last year, making a
second appearance on the resolution list in another attempt to
be recognized and completed. And of course more creative
projects that I have always wanted to tackle and try.
Again there are no promises that all of the items will
get crossed off, just the promise that life will be filled with
continual progression and learning. That the hands will not
remain idle for any extended period of time and that the mind
will be vitalized with stimulation and challenged often. I will
get up in the mornings with something definite to work on
or look forward to and that I can get out the door more, ready
for adventures.
-Cook 8 Juila Child Recipes (the movie Julia and Julia just got
me too dang excited about the potential)
-Cook 4 Margaritte Henderson recipes (a fabulous cook that
I have taken classes and gotten recipes from but have only
attempted a handful since)
-Cook a souffle (preferably a chocolate with a vanilla bean
sauce....mmmm my favorite)
-Try my luck at canning
-Learn to make Jam
-Learn a new pattern in Crocheting.... I think I got single
crochet down!
-Work on sewing a dress or at least altering a new-old-
acquisition... adding sleeves, taking out or in, lengthening
a hem.... lets see how I can add more unique dresses to my
closet to spruce it up.
-Sew that 30's quilt that I have all the fabric for
-Do a real thorough spring cleaning this year, deep cleaning
and organizing (ive got a pretty huge list...Il share later about
how extensive Im imaging this to be)
-Continue living up every holiday to the max... cooking festive
treats, crafts, reading themed books, and photoshoots
-Paint abstract paintings on all the canvases that Reece bought
for me at that sale.... this will most definitely complete the
empty space above the TV downstairs
-hang photographs on the brick wall
-finish bricking the facade of the fireplace downstairs
-Post all the before and after pictures of the multitude of house
projects that we have done over the last 5 years! we are so close!
-Do one service project this year
-Drink at least a water bottle a day
-Try to go camping twice in one year again
(Zions, Yosemite, Sequoia forest, Glacier national park, on the beach...)
-Hike Mt Timp with Kitch and possibley a little buddy
-Learn Claire De Lune on the Piano (I have already started picking it out)
-Publish my blog posts for 2008-2009 in a book using blurb
-Create and publish fine art photo books of my travels using iphoto
-Keep up my 10 year journal
-Keep reading the scriptures every morning
-Go to the Temple once a month
-Write all my friends that live out of state a letter
(not limited to just out of state friends many in state gals are on the
list too)
-Call more
-Write more update emails to friends and family (once a month?)
-Compliment more
-Pray more sincerely
-Pause more.... (this is a hard one so Ill have to really make an effort)
-Buy/make birthday presents earlier....handing cards with pictures
of what is to come is getting old.
-Get Christmas presents the first week of December this year! No
morning of finishing up....that kinda killed me this last year.
-Work on being able to go to bed before 11 and wake up before 8 on
a regular basis...this might take all year to get into.
-Keep reading!!!! Ive got all 24 books picked out for my 2 a month
goal...will share later.
Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment