The rest of our time in the Ucluelet bay we....
-Took a beautiful hike along the coast that ended with a
lighthouse at sunset
-Went exploring on the beach and through the woods
on a tree-house-looking trail
-Saw European-like landscapes and harbor vistas
-Ate yummy home cooked meals, always ending with a
slice of birthday cake
-Watched movies, played games, read books, and took
naps
Reece and I had to leave early so I could get back to
teach spring semester classes so we ventured home via
the Vancouver ferry instead of the Victoria ferry, enjoyed
dinner in downtown Vancouver (too bad it wasnt
during the olympics) then finished the 18 hour drive
back home, every now and then stopping on the side of the
road to photograph the beautiful Canadian or Pacific North
West scenery.
{There are quite a few pictures from this trip and I had
a hard time narrowing the choices for these posts, thus the
longer posts...it was just so picturesque, a photographers dream}
The ocean spray mingled with the soft hues of the sunset
to create an ethereal atmosphere, that was so tranquil,
even transcendent. Although the scene read peaceful, I was
exhilarated, shooting images feverishly. My goal? to capture
what I was feeling. But sadly I feel my photographs didn't quite
communicate the glow I both felt and saw.
I loved the images in their own right though.
After the hike we came home drank warm tea, soaked
in the hot tub on our porch, and then snuggled in warm
PJs. All the right things to warm the chill and dry the damp
that had settled-in on our hike.
This was our view out our cabin's living roam.
Exploring the beaches and areas around the neighboring
town of Noniemo. (The beaches reminded me of a scene
that could be found in Ireland)
Photographing the waterfalls on the side of the road.
Climbing over the barriers and hiking up hills was well
worth it.
Pulling into Vancouver. Reminiscent of Norwegian Fjords.
where we had dinner, over the water. Sushi rolls, gourmet
burgers, fish and chips, and sodas.
I loved this winter scene that we came across in WA.




































































4 comments:
Gorgeous.
What great pictures! As always! Makes me want to travel more.
Oh my goodness, I feel like I'm on beauty overload! You saw some truly beautiful things in Canada, it looks breath taking! You always spark my already lit fire to travel more, and I've just added Canada to my list. Amazing photos Bethany, you captured the glow and feel of every moment in my opinion.
These are so beautiful. It's wonderful to go over them and remember a truly peaceful week before the chaos of life settled over us.
Thank you a million times over for joining us, you two made it a perfect vacation. We miss you.
Post a Comment