Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Weekend Tending

We got to watch my cousin's cute girls again.... but
only for a weekend this time so we had to scurry
to get all our fun in over the shorter period of time.
(cause we always have to have as much fun as we
possibly can while tending.....always)

First things first.... make lunch,
cheese quesadillas seem to taste better when they
are cut into snowflakes
Then I taught the girls how to hand sew fabric yo-yos.
It was fun to work with their different skill levels.
Syd the oldest was able to follow my instructions and
do the whole craft on her own, Liv was able to stick the
needle though the fabric and pull it through if I held the fabric
and put dots on the edges where she needed to poke the needle,
Mia the youngest was able to have a definite opinion on
her colors and buttons and would hold the spool of thread
or chains for me while I did the rest of the work.
We sewed the finished yo-yos onto silver chains
and made necklaces, or glued them onto hair clips.
(I had envisioned two or three yo-yos per necklaces but
the girls ran out of steam so they each got a single pendant)
We always try to eat somewhere that has entertainment
(the girls were asking every hour if we would take them
to Chucky Cheese... ummm.... we chose Benihanna's instead...
the girls I dont think ever got into the night as much
as we did, but even they couldn't deny how cool the onion
volcano was)
Pink Pancakes, playing with puppies at the pet store,
Play Place at McDonold's, IMAX underwater movie
at thanksgiving point, then a valentines party for dinner.
Pink sparkly crowns, heart shaped pizzas, &
Shirley Temples.
Kate made these adorable conversation heart cakes
two layered and filled with raspberry filling. I Loved
them!
Then we got crafty and made valentines. The girls
were sweet enough to make R & I some valentines.
The night ended with all the girls getting sparkly ring
pops. Its always good to have some real girly fun every
once and a while.

2 comments:

klt9976 said...

you truly never cease to amaze me! I wish I could be as cool as you!

Jenny said...

Wow, I bet the girls had a blast! We enjoyed hanging out with you guys at the Valentine party. Now I really want to go to Benihana...