Thursday, June 24, 2010

Easter

We had a great Easter & Conference Weekend.
It started out with us being spiritually fed with
the Saturday morning session of talks from leaders
of our faith. Then during lunch break a
quick and fun packed venture to Wheeler Farm.
We chased geese, rode ponies, and held bunnies.
The family was probably surprised that I didnt walk away
with one of these velveteen bunnies in my pocket.
I was in love.
Mom tried her first funnel cake, yum! Loved afternoon
session. Then we had Easter Traditions for the little ones.
Rice Crispy nests, decorated easter baskets, and egg hunt
(which ended up having to be in the living room as the
weather was wet and cold).
The next day I set up an egg dying station in which Kate and
I with a little help from the litte girls, dyed eggs while
listening to Sunday's conference talks. We tried
a few new techniques (which didnt work out so well so we
defaulted to the old favorite M.O.s)
I decorated the table for a real Easter dinner. It was good
to end the day remembering what easter is really all
about. (but I did fold the napkins as bunnies though,
just wanted to try it)
Easter Lilies
Rosemary a symbol of remembrance.
Roses, Heather, and tulips.
I gave all the members in my family little booklets with
all the pearls of wisdom I had learned from my relief
society meeting whose theme was "Bloom where
you are planted": spiritual parallels with gardens.
Something I thought appropriate since during this time
we were celebrating first, a sacrifice
which was also.... in a garden.

Christ has risen.

1 comment:

Karin said...

What a fun Easter! Will saw the pics of the eggs and yelled, "PRETTY!" The table was gorgeous. I'd like a copy of what you gave out about "blooming where you are planted".