Wednesday, August 11, 2010

An Emotional Heimlich Maneuver OXxXXooOxx

hug1
"A hug can turn your day around.... Its like an emotional
heimlich maneuver. Someone puts their arms around you
and then they give you a squeeze and all your fear and
anxiety comes shooting out of your mouth in a big wet wad
and you can breath again."
- Favorite quote from Charlotte Charles, Pushing Daises

Things have been busy here. Sometimes overwhelming
sometimes totally fun, sometimes tough yet satisfying,
sometimes frustrating with the outcome yet to come.
But I live for hugs, especially from my man.
And a few of his kisses don't hurt either.

Once again, getting our image storage system more
organized and streamlined has slowed down our computer
making posting very difficult. I've been staying busy doing
other things while waiting for the time posting can become
a regular occurrence again.

I have images flagged from these occasions to share with you
when that time comes:
-Trip to Savannah and Charleston
-Trip to India, Cambodia, Bali, and Hong Kong
-Fourth of July and other a few other parties
-Johns annual family picture (where above image is from)
-Children's Culture day on Indo-China
-Johns family reunion, family hikes, and activities
-Couples book club where Reece and I hosted
-Our intensive gardening projects and a few other
projects we have been up to

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hugs are awesome. I like that quote - although it does make me think of hairballs a little bit.

I'm sorry you are feeling kind of overwhelmed, and I hope things get better soon!

PS - I really like that picture of you and Reece!

kristen said...

I love chuck. What a cute pic!

Kelli Ward said...

hey guys. we will be in town for a few days early next week. we would love to see you if you have time. hope you are doing well.

Mary-Kathryn and Andres: said...

I so always look forward to your blog. A sincere best of luck with the overwhelming part of life and I will wait patiently until your wonderful posts appear!
MK