Monday, October 3, 2011

Birthday Staycation

nov-5
(sorry, for sanity purposes I left the professional camera at home,
so this post is entirely pics from my phone)

Reece has taken me out adventuring for my last few
birthdays (chicago, boston) this year he planned a relaxing
and just as special stay-cation, here in UT. He gave me ski boots
last christmas, and for my birthday gift this year he have me the skis
to match the boots. (I haven't skied since I was around 10. I learned
when I was really young in programs my parents put me in where
we were bussed up to the mountains every saturday during the winter.
But I got to old for the program and in order to still have people
to go down the mountain with I picked up boarding so I could
go with my jr high friends. I have been boarding since.... till now)
We went out to breakfast to IHOP (a closet favorite of mine),
my usual dish is the blueberry pancake combo but this time I couldn't
turn down a pumpkin pancake combo. It was amazing. Then Reece took
me to Solitude (we are loving their "pay for a certain amount of rides
and not days", system... it goes better with our preference to hit
a few runs a day instead of going on all day excursions)

nov_2

nov-12

nov-13
Then we checked in for a stay at the St Regis in Deer Valley.
The hotel is sooo beautiful, rustic but not cheesy. I kept telling
Reece I felt like I had been transported to a European skiing town.
Hot tubbing surrounded by perfectly snow covered trees was magical
and relaxing.
nov-11

nov-8

nov_7

nov-10

I love you babes, I feel spoiled just to have you
in my life let alone enjoy all these adventures with you.

No comments: