
So we finally got to see CATS the broadway spectacular. I was so worried that I would never get to see this show.... ever. The longest running Broadway show was taken off broadway the spring before the summer I lived in NY. Talk about major disappointment. But when I got word that t was coming to UT I got online and got tickets for all my family that could go. It was totally fantastic. I have to admit that I went into the show expecting a plot and the whole first half I was leaning over to my sister Kitchen constantly asking "what is going on?" But then I read during intermission that all the lyrics in the songs were poems written by T.S. Elliot in his Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats.
The whole musical is basically a character study. After I got that, everything was just perfect. It was fun as my family and I know, and have known, so many different cats with different personalities that we totally got a kick out of the personalities portrayed in the play.
I felt that Mr. Mistoffelees was the most like my amazing cat Dubie, both in looks and in his amount of awesomeness. Totally magical and does the most unexpected yet intriguing things.


Mitsy is totally the female version of Bustopher Jones. They look Identical in coloring and in size....Bustopher is a ritzy cat that hangs out at lounges and eats all their food. Hes a 25 pounder...Mitsy isnt that big but she is quite substantial. Her fluff may add a few pounds to her too. She also can have that "too-good" attitude that is found in many ritzy personalities, it drives me crazy.


And sweet old casey would have to be Old Deuteronomy. Wis, old, good natured and also loved and revered by all. Casey I will miss you dearly.

No comments:
Post a Comment