Friday, February 20, 2009

Recent Crafts

I designed these quilts back in october to give to my dear friend and her little boys for a Christmas present. I then spent a few months collecting the fabrics in the desired colors but the actual cutting and sewing of the quilt tops went really fast. I backed them in a paisley minky soft material. I really loved how they turned out.

I then stretched the left over  fabric  over canvases and painted silhouettes on them for some matching wall hangings. An idea i got here. A craft created by this creative woman.


What fun. I loved periodically working on this project after I had had stressful days, "creating" is my release.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You did such a fabulous job on these projects. They look amazing!

singin' in the rain said...

I never knew you posted these. We all love these so much. They are back up on our walls here in WA and the boys talk about them all the time. The quilts are on each of their beds. It's like I said, there are touches of Bethany everywhere in my new house. Hooray.

You are an artist in every way.