
A group of my girlfriends from high school and college get
together once a month to learn creative skills, study the world
around us, and to become more cultured. Last month in
anticipation for the holi festival we centered our get-together
around learning more about India. It was held in my basement
were I pulled out all mine and my moms indian decor to create
an indian world. The mood was also set by burning incense and
a full Indian buffet complete with nan, rice, chicken curry,
cucumber riatha, and mango lassies. While we ate my sister
gave us a lecture based on material she has learned through an
eastern culture class she is taking for her degree in art history.
She covered: history, religion, art, and music. We even had my
hubbie come in and share more about what he had learned in
his middle eastern class on the religion of Islam.
We then drank some herbal homemade chia tea for dessert
while we applied henna tatoos and bindis. We keep a blog
where we plan and share our activities as well as share anything
beautiful and creative that we come across. Go ahead
and check it out...














3 comments:
Yay! Let's do lunch either tomorrow or Saturday, either is great. SLC would be better for me but I will defer to you as to where we should go. You know all the great places to eat, what would you suggest?
I am thrilled about seeing you soon!
That looks like it was an absolutely amazing activity! I'm so sorry I missed it, but I love looking at the pictures.
ah man! the only reason i miss living in utah- is missing out on your fabulous parties! dang! your theme was beautiful..how cool are you to put all of that together??!!
Post a Comment