Saturday, July 9, 2011

Shakespearian Festival

shakespeare-1
We took a friends trip down to St. George to partake in some
Shakespearian culture. Although we stayed up way too late
playing clue and werewolves I still thoroughly enjoyed
the play we saw the next morning, "Much ado about Nothing".
My all time favorite Shakespeare play. I was first endeared to
it in jr. high when the school thought they were punishing
me by kicking me out of my aid position with the most
militaristic teacher ever, and put me into drama. The drama
teacher thought he was getting a trouble maker and lied and
told me that everybody in the class had to memorize every
part in a full scene of a Shakespearian play. He then gave
me the script to Much ado about Nothing. I actually studied
and memorized all I was given and stunned the drama teacher.
I loved it.
That ended up being one fun class.
And I ended up getting the movie of Much ado
about Nothing and watched it weekly.

Our fun weekend was made even better
with a full medieval feast.
shakespeare-2

shakespeare-3

No comments: