Our new chairs arrived today from Pottery Barn thus completing our new living room furniture set. The chairs are upholstered in a brown and white ticking stripe which goes nicely with our distressed leather sofa. I wanted pieces that could look modern or classic depending on what accents I put around them. I love how it has all come together. We also got green velvet slip covers for the chairs because I couldn't resist having the choice to change the look of the room without having to buy new furniture. Some people might think that we were a little daring getting chairs without arms but we found that the armless look has a couple of functional pros. First, no arms means the chairs are smaller which is perfect as our living room which is really quite small. And second we like the different ways we can position them to create new forms of furniture. I like pushing them together to to create one cute little Settee. (see pictures of real settees PB sells with my own created settees below).






1 comment:
i love armless chairs. less bulk like you said. they look great.
Post a Comment