Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Resolutions 2009

Its taken me awhile to formulate specific aspirations that I want to work on this year, as so many years past I have made too general of goals that I found were to hard to determine if I had fully accomplished them or not.... or even how to go about accomplishing them in the first place. Thanks to all the friends and family that posted their resolutions and gave me good ideas.

{some of my own to do lists}

Im hoping to work on these a little everyday as Im practicing on evening out my lifestyle, I love how I feel when my days are balanced and well rounded in the activities that I do. I also will print these out so that I will have the satisfaction of crossing them off. I am totally a list maker and find an amazing amount of joy in the act of crossing off goals.

-Clean more (work a little everyday on dishes, laundry, and CAYG "clean as you go" on clutter control, meaning that I will put away a little something every time that I go up the stairs or down the stairs for something)
-Cook More (cook a well balanced dinner from scratch at least three times a week, memorize the recipe for one bread and for one major dessert, try baking at least three types of pies during the year)
-Read more (secular book list for this year: Mysterious Island by Jules Vern, Gone With The Wind, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society, Life of Pie, Screw Tape Letters, and probably a few Dirk Pitt Novels)(Spiritual Book List for this year: Jesus the Christ by Talmage, Caught in the Gospel Net by Witdsoe, In his Likeness by Paul Brand)   
-Study my Scriptures everyday. (reading the Old Testament Made Easier by Ridges, amazing)
-Go to the Temple once a month
-Write in my journal everyday (or at least catch up for the week on sunday in my 10 year journal)
-Exercise more regularly (when Im not working on my triathlon training program I will at least pop in a Power Yoga or P90X video in everyday ((mini goal in itself.....being able to actually make it through the entire plyomatrix video in P90X))
-Do a triathlon some time this year (I will choose one from here)
-Hike More (Hike Mt. Olympus & Mt. Timp, then either The Fiferhorn or Kings Peak ((Family get excited to come with)) 
-Do at least 10 trails in my mountain biking trail book
-Produce a fine art photograph that Im completely proud of  every month
-Enter photographs in at least 2 shows found using my lovely source
-Make fine art travel books of my 3 latest excursions using this 
-Finish the rest of our major house projects (Kitchen-tiling&cabinets, Bathroom-wallpaper&tiling)
-Go camping more (at least twice this year ((I know it doesn't sound like much but that will be doubling the number of times we went this year))
-Go to bed earlier (no later than midnight) wake up earlier (trying to limit my number of all nighters that I seem to do pretty often)
-Drink more water (drink at least one water bottle a day)
-Practice the piano more (learn at least 5 more hymns really well, be able to play, again, all the music in my old black repertoire book)
-Continue making newer and stronger relationships with the people in my ward by doubling my efforts to volunteer for activities and service
-Practice my sewing (make at least one more quilt and one dress this year)

Then the general goals that I want to practice but couldn't formulate any specifics...
-Compliment more, gossip less
-Be more patient, think longer before I speak
-Be on time
-Act more grown up (stay on top of bills, find more deals when shopping, take control of my own health)

1 comment:

Barb said...

What great resolutions!!

That was a very sweet shout out to Catherine and Richard. It will mean a lot to them that you said hello. (Catherine is coming to visit on March 31st! Call us!)