Monday, May 11, 2009

April


Wow april was insane! So many things that needed
to be done and then there are all those things that I
wanted to do that I sliped in here and there. Looking
back, April was a busy busy month and I accomplished
a ton, although there were times while I was in the midst
of everything that I felt like I was drowning and that I
wouldn't be able to do it all....but some how everything
worked out and Im finding myself at the end of the
tunnel a little dazed....but at the end of the tunnel
nonetheless.

Some of what the month of April included:
-Two photographic assignments due in my classes: 118 prints
to grade
-Gallery stroll write up: 59 papers to read and grade
-All the late work/redos coming into grade....countless
-Final portfolios due: 295 matted photos to grade
-Taxes...income,state,federal, sales....Im still learning
-Road trip to Cali over a weekend
-Easter!...all the craftiness to be posted soon.
-Intense cupcake decorating for somebody's 1st birthday
-Babysitting cousin's girls 6 days....school, practicing piano,
naps, chores, barf, and lots of other fun adventures
-Cleaning cousins house
-Cleaning my house (the start of my in depth spring cleaning,
not to mention slaving away at cleaning cat pee out of my prized
leather couch cushions... culprit has since been banished to the
backyard)
-2 UTIs and 1 possible kidney infection (many trips to the doctor)
-Teaching Photo 1 Enrichment night "top 10 ways to turn your
pictures from Crummy to Yummy"
-Visiting teaching
-A trip to the symphony
-Joined a book club (excited but rushed to finish the book)
-First session of weeding the yard.... my back is basically thrown out now
-Took in a cat with an injured paw to nurse back to health
-Many subsequent visits to the vet

An now May has come bringing: a two month respite from
teaching, a sickness that has wiped me out for days, but yet an
incredible book club meeting, many new friendships,
sunshine, a yard that is getting greener by the day, sisters
interested in photography (finally, YAY!) and in a few days....a trip to
Disneyland, Santa Barbara, and the beach with my family.


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You amaze me. Your students are freaking lucky :)

singin' in the rain said...

I think it's nice that you didn't mention that my swine flu children were the ones that knocked you off your feet with illness, nor did you say how your stupid friend makes you come over all the time and keep her company or watch her children. You are a giving, compassionate wonderful soul.

To everyone else- My boys made her sick and I'm selfish and needy. Not only are Beth's students lucky, but everyone she knows is lucky.