I was sad when I looked out my window
one day in April
to see that a couple inches of snow had
fallen and crushed my hopes of spring finally arriving,
I was even more sad to see all the aftermath
of such a spontaneous snow, when all had melted,
the ground was littered with broken branches
whose beautiful blossoms had caught more snow
then the branches could bare.
Then when stopped at a stop light I looked over to
see men filling a truck full of
branches that they were going feed through a chopper,
I wheeled around, parked, and ran to the truck
I asked it I could at least save a few of the flowered
branches from this fate...
They let me fill my arms full, brimming with pink.
As I was loading my car with my new acquisition
a few gals noticed and asked if they too could grab
an armful... I told them, nothing would make me happier!
I cant tell you how thrilled it made me to bring,
into my home, my favorite part of spring.
The branches made for an exquisite shoot.
{Sakura}








No comments:
Post a Comment