We got to support my baby sis as she walked in
both her graduation meetings.
A week earlier I took pictures of Kate for her graduation
announcements. We shot them at the Springville Museum
of Art were Kate had been interning, putting all she
learned in her Art History major to use. The spring flowers
were a perfect setting as well as all of Kate's favorite paintings
and areas in the museum. I was glad to help record many of
Kate's sweet memories there.
One of Kate's favorite paintings had dinosaurs and stars
in the background. Lovely. It was cute to photograph her in
front of a painting of graduation day for a group of girls
in the soviet art wing. One of Kate's projects that she worked
on while interning was to create scavenger hunt boxes for kids.
The boxes are full of little objects like bottles, ribbons, & thimbles.
Objects found and collected by Kitch. She got objects that
match details in various paintings throughout the museum,
the children look to match what is in their box with what they
see in the paintings. So fun. I want to take some kids (even if
they aren't mine) to enjoy this activity.
Reece and I got to be there as she walked in the commencement
of the whole school.
Afterwards I wanted to photograph her in front of my most
favorite (and the most beautiful) row of forsythia bushes. I
remember walking past these bushes everyday on my way
to and from class. They always made my day.
Then we joined the family (including my older sister and husband
who came in from out of town) to see kate walk in the convocation
for her college.
My dad collects owls, he has an immense collection. He found
a graduation owl that he got and saved for just this moment,
to give to Kate at her graduation.
The weather was very wet and wasn't as fun to take pictures
in but I still made Kate pose in front of the beautiful
magnolias. We then went out to breakfast at Magalby's
Fresh. We then took naps and then got back together
to go to dinner at the New Yorker. To celebrate Kate and
my older sister's adorable friend Judy who also graduated
that day.
Congrats to the Graduates.




























1 comment:
yay for education!!! Love this post thanks for supporting me the way you always do! you are THE BEST!!!
Post a Comment