Monday, July 5, 2010

Nesting Party

We held a baby shower for my older sister to
celebrate her nesting instinct acting up in preparation
for the arrival of her first baby boy.
The theme was "Magpies and Bluebirds" the title of a
little song Jenny had composed when she was young.
Everything was blue, white and brown.
Willow China, twig placemats and nests, feathered
birds, candy covered almonds, bird gift tags,
antique quilts, and freshly cut pear tree
blossoms.
All the sisters, our mom, and Jenny's mother in law came.
We ate creme brule french toast and fresh fruit for brunch,
played a matching mother and baby animal game, and then
opened presents.
Loved seeing all the gifts build up in a pile of
light blue and navy. (jenny blushed a bit when
she pulled out the pee-Teepees, meant to help with
the change of gears in switching from changing
little girl diapers to baby boy diapers)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I LOVE this! Super cute.

Jenny said...

This was such a cute theme for a baby shower! I loved the decorations (and the food - hehe). I can't believe I wore a pink shirt, though. Ooops.