We finally flew home! we had a layover in Japan which was just long enough
for us to get all our favorite treats, then took the direct from Tokyo to SLC UT!
The days after coming home from a trip are always a daze, cleaning,
photo organizing, and trying to get back into eating and sleeping
normally. I then had to start teaching summer block classes just
a few days after our return. Summer classes have such a different
feel, meeting everyday 4 days a week can feel rushed but, I do
adjust by omitting a full assignment and both write up assignments.
Durning the open lab times I started reading one of my favorite authors,
a book I thought was perfect for what I had just experienced.
It was so fun reading Around the World in 80 days,
the characters follow the path Reece and I took very closely.
NY to Paris (we didnt stop off in Paris but we do have fond
memories of traveling there together), then India (where they
rode elephants), to Hong Kong then to Japan, San Francisco,
and SLC where the mormons are mentioned. And we can
attest to the gain in time when traveling around the world in
that direction. So fun to connect with Jules Verne that way.
Although it took us a year to get around to it,
we finally gave my family the souvenirs that we got them on this
epic trip. Marionette dolls from Cambodia in traditional dancing
costumes, and Ali baba pants from India.
My nieces really got into trying on and modeling all
of the pants I brought for them to choose from.
(yes this happened at a family sunday dinner at my parents
where evenings aren't complete without doing some kind of
craft with yarn, thus the balls of yarn on everybody's laps)








No comments:
Post a Comment