Sunday, July 24, 2011

Trip to Moab with Family

moab-64
We went on a fun weekend trip to Moab with my parents and
Kate. My dad had never hiked to delicate Arch so that was our
main goal, but of coarse my dad would fit in a ton more hiking,
strenuous mountain biking, and wear us all out. My mom stayed
in, quilted and watched movies. Everyone had a blast.
moab-1

moab-2

moab-3
It took awhile for me to get my biking technique down
on all the different surfaces: slick rock, rocky dirt, and sand.
But once I did I had so much fun, I will have to come back and
bike the trail we did at dead horse point again, cause I loved it.
The views were fantastic.
(I still had my number from my last triathlon on my helmet.
A reminder that I need to do another one.)
moab_6

moab_10

moab_16
Pops of course biked circles around us, he's unbelievable.
moab-12

moab-14

moab-17

moab-19

moab-20

moab-21

moab-22
Then came the hiking.
moab-24

moab-25

moab-26

moab_arch_pano

moab-27

moab-35

moab-37

moab-39

moab-40

moab-41

moab-42

moab-43

moab-44

moab-45

moab-46

moab_arch_pano2

moab-47
I spy the Hudson Hornet, driving around a place identical to
Radiator Springs. Too bad we didn't have any young boys
obsessed with the movie Cars with us cause they would have
love this sight!
moab_53
Balance rock. It will be a sad day if this rock ever tips off.
moab_56

moab-58
Resting up while driving canyon lands, we got an evening hike
ahead of us. I will always think this place is beautiful and unique.
moab-60
Then we hiked to delicate arch to see it in the golden light
of sunset.
moab_63

moab_66
He finally made it! This hike has to be on everyone's bucket list
and its the best when done at sunset. There were a ton of French
tourists that were very possessive of the view and unfortunately
were yelling and cursing at anyone who wanted to get closer for
a good shot. But even with mean french hecklers the sunset was
beautiful.
moab-65
We stayed way past the sunset and till it got super dark
so Kitch and I could try taking star trails over the arch.
Here is the moon and stars over the arch.
moab-67
here are the trails we were able to get.
moab-68
the hike down in the dark.
moab-69

moab-70
Eating is good in Moab. Such yummy restaurants
with the cutest patios.
moab-92
Then R and I took the longer way home so we
could see Goose Neck, and Mittens!
GOOSE NECK
moab-71

moab-72
MITTENS
moab-74

moab-75

moab-76
Driving through monument valley was absolutely lovely.
moab-77

moab-78

moab-80

moab-81
Mexican Hat Rock
moab-82
And since we already saw the Hudson Hornet it was
fitting that we passed by a perfect "Mator".
moab_84

moab_86

moab_90
To finish this great trip we were lucky to see
the first colored leaves of the fall season changing
on the hills in Spanish Fork Canyon as we drove through.
moab-93

moab-94

I had to get out and photograph these beauties.

moab-99

moab-100

moab-101

moab_103

moab_mill_pano
I've said it before and Ill say it again, Utah is
Beautiful and my family is amazing and fun.

3 comments:

Rie Teemant said...

Great pictures as always! I loved delicate arch. Next time, I think I'll try hiking it without crutches though!

Karin said...

What a fun trip! You are a brave woman to bike with Dad. He is like a machine. Makes me want to start biking again. I'm glad Dad was able to fulfill his dream of hiking to delicate arch. Gorgeous pictures--as always!

The Kitch said...

that trip was so fun, we should do it again! Those horse pictures are awesome!! yay for utah for being so steller