Fall brings such wonderful holidays and memories with it every year.
The season is beautiful with its leaves, cool weather, spiced and sweet treats,
pumpkins, and berries..... mixed with the good times of halloween, multiple
birthdays of family members, and then Thanksgiving and my Birthday.
(the last two have been on the same day a few times)
This year will definitely be add to all the moments we sweetly look
back on. This Thanksgiving we spent at my parents home again, things
didn't work out with meeting up with the Burtons. We missed them and
sent our love. I do love the nostalgic feeling that exists all day when we are
at home cooking, decorating, chatting, and playing. Its always so warm and
welcoming. I did the table this year (check out Kates beautiful one last year....)
I brought all the leftover pumpkins, gourds, pinecones, and twigs from the
HP party. Mixed them with my mother's beautiful thanksgiving tablecloth
and white ceramic turkey. I wrapped the napkins with twin and thank you
cards, to remind us all to give thanks for all our blessings.
While the cooking was in full force the kids were entertained
with decorating cardboard turkeys, watching Pocahontas,
and playing in the backyard.
I decorated a kids table too. Butcher paper tablecloth with colored
pencils for drawing while eating, and a paper bag turkey stuffed
with popcorn as an all day treat. (gluten free too!)
Thanksgiving food is my favorite. My parents have collected
all the best recipes. The food was amazing.
Stuffed and happy, dinner was followed by a few short naps, but then it was
off to see the new disney movie Tangled. I absolutely loved this movie.
Best princess movie in a long long time. Funny and magical.
Not to mention a green-eyed blond at first then brunette in the end,
heroine that loves crafts and adventure.... a gal I could relate to.
That next sunday was my backers cake family celebration for
my birthday. I have felt sooooo loved this birthday, Im one lucky gal.
I requested chocolate with vanilla frosting and vanilla ice-cream.
My favorite.... (It brings back memories of Reece's first dinner with my family
..... my birthday sunday dinner, I had requested a chocolate cake then as
well. Both my sister and dad had picked up cakes accidentally. We cut and
served one after dinner. I kept thinking mine tasted funny...thinking my fork
was dirty I went and got a new fork. Various family members denied tasting
anything unusual and downed the cake. After awhile and after I couldn't
figure out the taste issue, my dad finally announced the cake must have been
soaked in alcohol. Apparently you have to specifically ask Bakers not to do
this do their chocolate cakes. So for those of us that wanted a "virgin" piece
of cake we broke out the second cake. A funny mishap for Reece's fist time
meeting my family, glad he thought it was funny too.)
Yes that arm trying to steal away my Reece is little Nora.
I love that they are buds.
I get "kisses" like this too sometimes.... Reece so focused on
what he is doing (usually technology related) that he kisses the
air while I kiss his cheek.
Then after dinner we opened gifts. We were all entertained
by how fascinated my little niece evy was with the colorful
vintage set of classics that Kate had found and bought for me.
They were pretty awesome.
Thank you family! Im so blessed to have you all.























2 comments:
your on blogging fire! All these posts are so fun! I espcailly like the pictures you got of the girls at thanksgiving, nora on the phone on the chair was hilarious, I also liked the picture of Nick in the nest watching cartoons haha too cute
Fun times! Those Thanksgivings at Mom and Dads are amazing. I loved the decorations you did and the food made me super hungry just looking at it. Mom and Dad are such awesome cooks. The last Thanksgiving I specifically remember having at home was the one John was born! Its been a while:)
Post a Comment