
This August 4th was Reece's 26th birthday! I always love to put together something big and fun for his big day, our first year after we were married I had a fiesta complete with mariachi band, the second we were in NY and I took him to a breakfast at Dean and Deluca, a luxury spa, and then fancy dinner at his favorite Indian restaurant Tamarind. Year three we had a japanese themed party where everyone got thier own "have a rice day" t-shirt that I had made to replace one of Reece's old favorite T's. This years idea came from reading a blog where the wife gave this package to her husband. After seeing the pics I knew it had "Reece" written all over it. The package was a tour where Reece would get to drive 5 exotic cars on a loop from parleys canyon to provo and then to Oakley and Kamas, it is through a company called "Day Dreamn' Exotics". The cars would be: Ferrari Modena 360, Porsche 911, Doge Viper, Lotus Elise, and Astin Martin Vanquish. The Astin being one of Reece's ultimate dream cars.
It started out with breakfast in bed with waffles and a pineapple orange julius, and a very thick card. In the envelope was a little book that I made to explain what his present was, as I had kept it a secret for weeks (cant believe that I did as he would talk about cars all the time.)
The first part of the book was made up of birthday cards all car-themed that I had cut up and glued in the pages. I also glued little Reece heads in all the cars as a little hint.


After reading the entire section of all the cards, I asked Reece if he could guess what is present could possibly be....he said "Maybe something to do with driving cars?" I said keep turning the pages to see what cars you will be driving. I then had found pictures of all the cars that he would be driving and glued a picture of him next to or in the cars. (just a clue to how much of a girl I am, when I typed in Porsche 911 I just printed the first picture that I saw, but when Reece saw the picture I had meant to be the porsche he guessed the Dodge Viper....I guess I had put in a picture of the viper instead of the porsche....I couldnt tell the difference.....but maybe now I could....no promises though) I just had to confess to my womanhood and tell him what I had meant to depict.

Yeah thats Bond (Daniel, The best One) letting Reece Drive his vanquish.
Reece was then transformed. He was once again a 6 year old, so excited he felt he was going to burst. When we got to the store where we would be picking up the tour I saw that 4 other man-boys were also transformed and were gawking, drooling, and stroking the cars.


We started out with the Ferrari. Reece was screaming with joy and I got the be the passenger going crazy documenting the pure happiness. The opening picture is of a real life- not posed shout of joy while driving the fire red Ferrari. The engine was behind us and we could hear the roar even when we were going 5 miles and hour. I have to admit that hearing that sound even got me pretty excited. We then moved to the porsche, then the viper, then the lotus, and we finished with no other than the Astin Marin.We got to get every car up to 100 mph at least once (shhh dont tell) it was amazing to feel the wind in our hair and the power of the engines.
I totally had to take some Clive Cussler shots of Reece with the cars. Below is an example of the famous novelist whose books are totaly guilty pleasures of mine.


I also held a family and friend BBQ in our backyard for Reece. We had braatworst and hamburgers, with pasta salad, sweet potato fries, and fruit on the side. The colors were yellow (Reece's favorite color, with black and white race car checkers.)


Dubie is the most patient cat ever. He actually enjoys this.....he totally loves babies and small children. I dont get it....maybe its because he doesn't actually live with any yet.


I spent the entire day weeding and sprucing up the backyard for the party. I was so excited about what some flower pots and decorative pillows did for the patio. I also got a wicker love-seat that was on a mega sale and a fire-pit that I put under our pergola. I love our backyard so much. Especially when its all groomed....even if I had to get stung by a bee in the only finger I wear a ring....my wedding ring. It swelled up to the size of a mini sausage and it took a week and a half till I could take off my ring. I had not been stung since I was 10 and that was in my mouth! I had totally forgot how bad it hurts! But the Backyard looked great.


After dinner came dessert and Reece's birthday candle treat. We had a S'more buffet with all kinds of flavors of marshmellows, cookies, and chocolate bars for fillers. I made reece a Chocolate Oreo combo for him to blow out his candle and get the ball rolling.
The Buffet was a hit....every body got into their s'more recipes and creations. Here were a couple of my favorites.... The snikerdoodle pop and the Death by Chocolate Surprise.



Reece's mom gave him a "hairy monkey" for a present. Its a perfect present as that is also a halerious inside joke that we all have. When Reece and I were first engaged there was a month were my sister Jenny got mono and then shortly after Reece got it too. It was everyone's conclusion that I must have been the connection. Reece's mom called to tell me this saying "you are obviously the Hairy Monkey!" I couldnt believe my ears but I didnt know her very well at the time so I didnt say anything for awhile. I finally told Reece what his mom had called me and he in unbelief called her right then....he then clarified (while laughing pretty hard) that she had called me a "Carrier Monkey" in that I passed along the disease. So I still get called a hairy monkey every once in a while for some good laughs.
Also to this day I dont think that I really passed on the sickness....Mike (my sisters husband)was the one that gave it to my sister and he claims he got it from licking a rock that a professor made all his students lick in class. So their are some pretty interesting and random ways to get mono other than kissy kissy or sharing lipbalm.
























3 comments:
Happy birthday Reece,
You have lived out all of our dreams. I want you to leave a post and tell us all what it was like.
Daniel
um, hello. that might be the cutest, most wonderful birthday idea i have ever heard of! and, yes - can we PLEASE do a shoot together sometime!? i would love to help you out and get some tips from ya. i just bought a new camera and a couple lenses so i am dying to try them out!
yay happy birthday reece! i am so glad that the car thing worked out for you- it looks like he was in heaven!
Post a Comment