Friday, January 30, 2009

Christmas Morn

This Christmas we celebrated christmas morning with the Madisons and Meffords. We had started doing a progressive breakfast a few years back and continued with as much as we could considering there had been three or four moves since then and housing arrangements were different. We started out at the Meffords where we opened the presents from the Madisons (Sr.) and the Meffords and ate cinnamon coffee cake and clementines. Outside was a freezing white-out blizzard but we definitely got into the christmas mood when we sat down to open presents next to the Mefford's 15 foot glittering tree.

The whole crew then came to our house to open all the presents we had for them and then to eat our traditional waffle buffet.




I gave Reece a cozy orange northface down coat and he surprised me with a Cannon 5D Mark II!!!!! I was too excited I started shooting pictures and HD movies right away.
I always pull out my crazy reindeer plates from pottery barn. Blitzen and Vixen are my favorite caricatures.  We make both Belgian and normal waffles with some a little crispy and some soft (I think Im the only one that likes my waffles soft) There is always a spread of jams, jellies, syrups, and curds as toppings (the favorite for two years running has been the lemon curd with whipped cream) And then Sam is always our breakfast meat specialist....bacon and sausages galore. Darlene made strawberry orange Julius' for us. It was all so entertaining and tasty.









No comments: