
Happy Birthday Granna! All my aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews and all other family on my dads side gathered to celebrate sweet Virginia's big day.I gave her a little rosemary tree decorated with lights and purple ornaments (her favorite color) I will always think of Granna whenever I see the color purple (that should be a song). Granna has always been such a loving and supportive grandmother she totally deserves a big bash honoring her.
She was always there at all my ballet & piano recitals and birthdays. She patiently taught me how to crochet (making me take out a row if I did a single stitch wrong.....tough but worth it). She would help me adorn myself in all the jewelry in the jeweled box she had filled with old pendants and rings....she would smile at me while I tried to put on every trinket in the box and then would help me wrap tape around the inside of all the rings so they could fit on my tiny fingers. She has always fostered my love for photography...asking for updates, sharing ideas, and then bestowing on me her husband's (pappa's) old roliflex...which I got restored and used exclusively for an entire semester for a fine art project.
I remember helping scan in and insert all the pictures in Granna's written history and in the process read every single word. I gained a much deeper respect for this wonderful woman. She was so hardworking and full of spunk. She is such a sweet example to me...she is always saying the sweetest tid bits of advice of how to find the good, enjoy life, and trust in the Lord. I love you so much Granna.


No comments:
Post a Comment