Friday, February 20, 2009

Cupcake Pop Demo

Last week I volunteered to do a demo at our chocolate relief society enrichment night. I wasn't quite sure exactly what I was going to do but I knew that I wanted to help out. So I looked to all my creative blogs for inspiration. I came across a cupcake pop recipe at this place, and instantly wanted to get in the kitchen and experiment. I learned tons a long the way. I made 30 pops consisting of two different flavors (devils food cake and buttercream frosting & strawberry cake with rainbow chip frosting)
I then got so excited with the possibilities of flavors that I made a ton of truffles of all different flavors using the same technique.
Flavors of truffles that I made:
-Lemon cake with lemon icing covered in white chocolate
-Coconut cake (enhanced with a package of shredded coconut and coconut extract cause I wanted more of a kick) covered in dark chocolate
-Dark chocolate with almond extract flavoring mixed with cream cheese frosting covered in dark chocolate
-Milk Chocolate cake, cream cheese frosting, covered in butterscotch
The demo went great. I was able to share some helpful techniques that I learned from experimenting that weren't mentioned online. I just hope that all the ladies there thought so too... If any of you want to try it let me know so I can pass along those helpful hints.

What the pops looked liked finished ready to hand out.



4 comments:

Toni S. Cook said...

I definitely want to try these!! My cousin made some recently and I think they are so cute! Let me know what helpful hints you have---you're pictures make them look sooo tasty!

Lisa Jane said...

wow bethers! you are incredible in the kitchen! we need to get together and create food, pictures and crafts! those pops look awesome! i need to try!

Jenny said...

These are super cute!

Nat said...

Bethany,
Your blog is so much fun to visit! You are so incredibly creative it blows my mind! Is there any way I could get your recipie for these darling pops? I'd like to try my hand at them... Natalie Hale