Monday, June 29, 2009

Sailing through 4 years

Our 4 year anniversary rolled around while we were
in California and my sweet amazing husband decided to
give me a glimpse into what growing up in San Diego was
like for him, and he took me sailing! Sailing is one of those
many secret talents that Reece has pulled out of nowhere
while we have been married, and like always, I was blown
away (in a good way). He use to race boats and he slept on
his Grandma's boat at the yacht club every night for a couple
of summers. The day was magical in all, the drive down to
the wharf was gorgeous, I felt like I was in the Mediterranean
hills as the evening golden light warmed up the countryside.
The mission peeking out of the trees sealed the illusion.
Then we went to a specialty market and bought a tasty
picnic to have on the boat. The boat was the perfect size
not too small not too big. Reece got us out of the harbor
and racing with the flying pelicans in open water in no time.
I was so impressed with how fast Reece got the boat going
and how easy he made it look. He taught me how to help
him with trimming the lines of the front sail, although I
got to the point of knowing when he needed my help
there was so much I just didnt understand. It was all so
amazing. I swoon.






Reece sailed me close to get a good look at all the lazy
seals basking in the sun, he knew I would (of course) love it.
I knew those boat shoes I bought him last year as a
surprise were a good choice.


Afterwards we went to dinner at an Indian cafe to get those
naans and curries that we both love and discussed what our
perfect day would be (if we had no $$ restraints or travel
limits), dreaming with my man is the best. Then afterwards
we went to a late showing of Angels and Demons in a vintage
theater. Very intriguing show...much better than the Da Vinci
Code. It was most definitely the perfect day. Thank you
sweetheart for always filling my life with fun adventure.
I simply adore you. Love you more than I can say. I know
the future with you will be a dream come true.

3 comments:

Barb said...

You guys live the dreamiest life! Happy Anniversary!

Angie said...

I love this. Bear and I had a dream for a while of sailing the ocean on our own boat when we retire :) But then I got really sick on a boat in a storm in Hawaii, and learned more about sea pirates, and watched one of those "I Shouldn't Be Alive" shows about people whose boat sank and most of them got gobbled by sharks...bless my landlubbing soul. I would like to try it some day though!

Lisa Jane said...

happy anniversary! chris's dream is to learn how to sail! reece should teach him~! how dreamy and romantic! i have loved all your posts lately... your pictures are beautiful!