In continuing the weekend of parties, the very next day
after the Rainbow Brite Party I helped my friends throw
a baby shower for our sweet Cassandra and her baby-on-the-way
Bebe Genevieve.
The theme was Marie Antoinette/let them eat cake/
french rococo. I designed the invites in photoshop,
love working on those canvases.
My sister Kate and I made cameo french vanilla cupcakes.
Our first adventure with fondant, which was actually more
rewarding than we thought it would be. We adapted a
process we found here.
homemade crystal chandelier.
I ended up borrowing many of my mothers beautiful rococo/
neo classical treasures, like her silver and crystal eperon
which we filled with lemons, limes, and strawberries,
and then dripped with grapes.

I also arranged flowers in my mothers wedgewood biscut jars.
They were such beautiful antiques I would later find and buy
one of my own when antiquing in the south.

Angie, Laura, and Kelly collaborated to make a tasty spread
of different flavored crepes. Mushroom and spinach with
béchamel, ham and swiss, chocolate crepes with nutella,
strawberries, and whipped cream. wow.

There was also a diaper cake made, decorated with lace and
fabric yo-yos which were also made into hair clips that could
one day be worn by Baby G.
We also used my moms wedgwood and gold china. I love
love love this set, so elegant. I also spray painted wooden
fans to decorate with and fan the guests if needed.






The gift room became a throne room with flowers,
chandeliers, gold, silver, crowns, and jewels.
I loved seeing the gifts pile, pile up pink as the last pile
I saw pile up, piled up blue. I gave bebe G a pink polka
dot cardigan, pastel onesies, and pink leather loafers.
Angie found the most beautiful milled soaps to give out
as favors. Thank you.



















1 comment:
That was the most elegant baby shower I've ever seen. It is like a wedding reception! Amazing!
Post a Comment