Monday, July 12, 2010

More of R's Photo Assignments

One assignment Reece and I threw ourselves in was
the "Chair" assignment. Parameters were to
take unique photographs of any chair. Put it in unusual
locations, irregular posing, and curious interactions with
other objects or human subjects. Reece started out with the
simple, but I wanted in on the assignment too.
(I strangely miss photographing for assignments)
Reece and I practiced
mixed lighting, and I got to wear my grandmothers sweet
orange leather jacket. I knew that red tufted chair I
found on "your heart out" would be a great buy.
BTW
I feel a bit sheepish as a model....
just so you know.



A few beauties from Reece's Depth of Field Assignment.

4 comments:

singin' in the rain said...

(whistling sound) These are so awesome. Give Reece my hearty enthusiasm and job well done. You look incredible.

Unknown said...

I love photographing for assignments. I'm not sure it's actually all that strange to miss it even. Good assignments provide enough structure to give you a vision, but enough room to be creative. It's a fun to take a familiar concept and shoot it in a way that challenges you and the viewer (well, you hope you can do it anyway). I also think that assignments push you to explore yourself by providing an opportunity to figure out a way to convey who you are in a way you you may not have considered before (like renaissance artists hiding meanings in primarily religious art).

*Kelly* said...

You felt sheepish as a model? Are you kidding me? You look absolutly stunning in these pictures Bethany, you are beautiful. You are one hot mama! And oh my goodness, Reece is an amazing photographer! You have taught him well and he was a good student! I want him to open up a photography blog as well so I can enjoy double the beauty!

Jenny said...

Awesome photos, Reece! Beth, you look gorgeous.