Monday, July 19, 2010

Till We Meet Again

Richard_pic

"...Well done, thou good and faithful servant: Thou hast been faithful over a
few things, I will make thee ruler over many things; enter thou
into the joy of thy Lord."
Matthew 25:21

After months of fighting cancer my uncle Richard past away in May. He was
such an example of strength and diligence. He was loved by so many and will be
greatly missed. We sang the following words at his funeral, Im so grateful for my belief
in a life after death and the joy that is awaiting us there. Richard has gone before
us. I am also grateful for the comfort that Christ offers those who have been left behind....

I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, show once was dead, He lives, my everlasting Head.
He lives to bless me with his love. He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed. He lives to bless in time of need.
He lives to grant me rich supply. He lives to guide me with His eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint. He lives to hear my souls complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears. He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart. He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives my kind, wise heav'nly Friend. He lives, and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while He lives, I'll sing. He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath. He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare. He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives. And so shall we.


richard5


richard4


richard2 copy


richard6 copy


richard7


richard_9


richard8


richard10


richard12


richard11

3 comments:

Barb said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

The Kitch said...

beautiful, I love our family and our gospel and the joy and happiness our beliefs bring us. Richard was such a great man, I am going to miss him at the homestead but am glad that he is finally at peace and happy on the other side.

Karin said...

What beautiful pictures. I love the bright colors. Often funerals are depicted in black, white, and gray. Richard was amazing and will be greatly missed, but I'm sure he is doing great things. It is wonderful to know that we will see him again. I wish I could have been there at the funeral. I heard it was wonderful.