Saturday, June 11, 2011

Couples Book club

enders_game-2
R and I hosted the one book club meeting of the year where
the ladies get to bring their men. The book that was chosen for
this meeting was Ender's Game. As usual our buffet was overflowing
with goodies (the main reason the club got renamed to Delicious Reads)
I made some "bugger" cupcakes, I know that the aliens in the book
are supposed to be brown, but nothing says alien invasion like neon
green. I then lead the discussion via a jeopardy game, where the group
was split into two teams. The questions centered around the themes
of war/game strategy, ethics, symbolism, foreshadowing, and the
comparing and contrasting of other books/movies representations
of utopian societies and "alien" races being hostile or peaceful.
I had three daily double challenges hidden in the game board, that
if won would grant double points to a question answered correctly.
The challenges included speed accuracy/timed total damage, accuracy,
and a dual. Nerf guns were used to complete all of the challenges.
Couples Book Club 2010 010

enders_game-1

Couples Book Club 20103

Couples Book Club 20105

Couples Book Club 2010 015

enders_game-3

enders_game-6

Couples Book Club 20102

enders_game-7

enders_game-8
After the book discussion people continued having duals... they were
that fun. Im sure Ill be finding lost nerf bullets for the next few years
hidden in my yard.
enders_game-10

enders_game-12

enders_game-11
Jared brought their new little puppy to visit.
Jasper is amazing. Since I have seen my fair share of
Cesar Milan I thought I would try my puppy taming
skills, I guess I was better than I thought.
Couples Book Club 2010 028

No comments: