Friday, January 16, 2009

Brrrrrr!

Everywhere I look its a frozen wasteland. (picture I snapped while driving past Cabelas) Especially at the point of the mountain. Im convinced that where I live we have our own extreme weather system. Fierce winds, mini blizzards localized to our area, snow drifts. Last year they closed the only access road to our house and Reece and I were stuck in traffic for 6 hours before figuring out that we were "snowed-out". I slept at my sister Jenny's house while Reece pushed through and finally got home at 3 in the morning, I got home at 7. The next day was Valentines so....we actually didn't really mind being "snowed-in" all day that particular day. But the way the weather has been a-howling Im afraid we are heading for another "snowed-out" misfortune. Even though Reece bought a snowblower (which has totally saved our lives...and our backs) Im afraid to leave home. Not only because its just plain miserable to drudge through the snow, slip on ice, and totally get soaked up to my knees.....Im afraid I wont be able to make it home......I guess I should just stay home and read books, drink yummy warm tea, wear my PJs, and edit pictures that remind me of sunnier and warmer days... pictures like these.

 This is Kate and I soaking up the sun in Greece on the decks of our cruise boat this last summer. Oh I miss the days of being warm, being able to see  my toes let alone feel them, sipping on bottomless Coke Lights, and having hamburgers and shakes daily for lunch. Im feeling warmer already since I've edited this pics...









1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh man, those pictures are really making me miss sunny weather!