
The downstairs kitchen floor has just finished going in
and we are on to the cabinets and more furnishings.
Husband and I spent months picking out tile and
designing all aspects of this floor, having a black
and white checkerboard floor has always been a
dream of mine. We found the black and white marble
for really low prices at different stores and at different
times, worth the wait. And we were able to figure out
how to get it all heated, so when Im crafting all day
in this room my toesies wont freeze off.
We have done most of the work on our house and
finishing the basement ourselves. {we did hire a
subcontractor to do the tiling since prices are so good
with the economy though} The whole bastment used to
be just cement and some select framing here and there.
Our goal is to finish all the rest of the lingering house
projects this year (there are only a few left!) We want
to enjoy all our hard work and the time it took to make
this house just our style. We are now just one step closer.
When all is said and done I will have to post all the before
and after pictures collected of all the rooms taken over
the last few years.
{of course the minute I went in to take a couple pictures
Dubie had to run in and be in all the shots, he loves
the camera...also, aren't the couch and chandelier that
I got from my Granna beautiful, I couldn't be happier
with them}



3 comments:
I love how your tile floor turned out! It looks awesome. I'm glad Dubie came to be in your pictures. He looks great in that room - especially with the green couch and his eyes.
yes I will admit it i am jealous of your house, insanely jealous. I want a cool colorful house like yours you can't be mad if i copy some of your ideas i mean it wasn't really a fair fight seeing as i don't have a house to be creative with. but one day ... one day i will. haha
what beautiful home you have...your style is impeccable! i love the black!
Post a Comment