Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pretty in Periwinkle

For my mother in law's birthday we took her out
for a picnic in the lavender fields at sunset.
It was so dreamy.
There was a little bit of rain in the beginning
but it all provided the most gorgeous clouds
for the sunset and even a rainbow over
our heads as we lounged in the sweet
smelling sea of purple.
I got the menu items at Wild Oats Market (amazing)
-roasted bell pepper, salami, and
rotisserie chicken sandwiches
-Caprese Salad with fresh basil
-Spicy guacamole dip with thick homemade
tortilla chips
-Pistachios
-San Pallegrino
-Mojitos with fresh mint
And I finally got to use the incredibly cute picnic
basket that we got for our wedding. (why we havent
used it before is a mystery)
In the golden light we lit the candle on her birthday
margarita cupcake from Dipidee. We also got to try
a very tasty german chocolate cupcake as well.
Do you see the rainbow in the back of us to the left?
Just perfect.
Happy Birthday Mum!

3 comments:

The Kitch said...

yuuuum lemonata, coooool sunset, looooove pic nics

Jenny said...

What an amazing setting for a picnic. I bet Darlene really enjoyed it.

Catherine said...

Beth,
These photographs literally brought me to tears. They are so beautiful and expressive. I am awed by you.