Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Frowning Bananas



One particular thursday I was having a terrible day and
had made up my mind to be grumpy all morning. As always,
grumpiness only makes things worse. So I made myself
some banana waffles for lunch in attempts to cheer myself
up and found that it wasn't as much the waffles as it was the
bananas that helped with my attitude adjustment. Ready
to eat I looked down to see one particular banana slice
looking up at me with a childish frowny-face. I then realized
....... that must have been how I looked all day until that
moment and probably looked just as ridiculous and
childish. Then.......I smiled. The day took a drastic turn
as I apologized, let others help me, and took some time
to relax. Husband surprised me with a package of oreos,
a tall glass of milk, and a game of my new favorite
"Ticket to ride" all set up and to be played in pajamas.
I have to say.....Im thankful for frowning bananas.




2 comments:

The Winkels said...

I've never played "Ticket to Ride," can we play sometime? Loved every minute of this post, thanks for the reminder to be grateful for frowning bananas.

Unknown said...

So much depends opon
a frowning banana.

glistening on your waffles
smothered in your syrup.