Friday, May 27, 2011

4th of July

4th_2
We had our annual 4th of July celebration at my sisters house,
Her Husband Mike does a great job at the grilling and....
stocking up on fireworks. Jenny makes
great salads and festive treats as well as
dressing the girls in festive little outfits.
I brought a few decorations &
balloons for the girls.
4th-3

4th_4

4th-6

4th_7

4th_11
Nora LOVES Reece's beard. She kisses it and strokes it every time
she sees him. She says she loves how it tickles.
4th-12

4th-13

4th-14

4th-9

4th_21
Cute Evy is wearing the dress Nora was wearing two yeas ago....
Im totally that Aunt that thinks her nieces and nephews are growing
up too fast. I was trying to recreate the picture of Nora running
in the grass with the flags but Evy wanted to do her own thing.
4th_19

4th-16

4th-20

4th_17

4th-23
Then we all got in our seats to view the fireworks. Grandpop always
has at least one little tike climbing all over him, Im sure he wouldnt want
it any other way. He loves to spoil his grandchildren.
4th_24
The sunset that evening was beautiful.
4th_27

4th-30
I brought some rainbow kaleidoscope glasses for everyone to wear
while watching the fireworks. They really made the sparkling light
look so cool.
4th-33

4th-36

4th_35

4th-37

4th-41
The glasses where too big for Evy to keep on her face so she went
and got her sunglasses so she could still wear some sort of glasses
and not be left out. So cute. I also gave the little girls glow sticks so
they would be less tempted to go out and touch the fireworks (cause
they really wanted to touch those things) I worked a little bit.
4th_40

4th-43
Evy started playing her glow sick like a flute humming tunes. Guess
she decided the show needed a soundtrack.
4th-44

4th_42

4th-45
Sparklers are always my favorite part.
4th-46

4th-48

4th-49

4th-50

4th-51

4th-52
During the night I was baking the layers for this special cake I
saw made on TV. I got a little bit of help from everyone when
putting it together. I needed to cut the red layers a little more
evenly, but It wasnt bad for my first time trying this technique.
4th_54
the pieces still resembled a flag.... a little bit.
4th-56
But at least it tasted good. I love holidays when I get to have this
much fun with my family.
4th_58


1 comment:

Karin said...

What a fun night. I love your cake--that is so cool! We are always jealous of your fireworks (since we can't do our own in AZ. I loved the glasses!