Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Christmas Evening

christmas-276
In the evening it was time to pack up our presents and head over to
my parents house to celebrate with my side of the family. My mom had
created yet another fantastic tablescape. It was vintage with icey details.
A perfect wonderland.
christmas_277

christmas-280

christmas-282

christmas_279

christmas_283

christmas-295

christmas_290

christmas-292

christmas-293

christmas_288
There was a concert for Granna where the burtons played christmas songs
they had prepared on the piano. Karin and Ricky always do a duet. Followed by
the giving of home made gifts, made with love for Granna. I remember as
a little girl giving home made creations to my Granna. I loved to give origami
delights. Granna and Papa would always display such gifts on a small set of
selves behind the lazy boy in their upstairs family room.
christmas_285

christmas_308

christmas-303

christmas-300

christmas-302
This year I gave Granna a purple orchid, her favorite color is purple.
christmas-310

christmas_318
all the presents were so glittery and magical, I almost didn't want to
open them.... almost. Reece and I had wrapped our presents in
blue, dark green, turquoise, purple, and a few in peacock feather
motif papers. All to match the our tree at home. It was good we were
giving to the burton family, a family of all boys, who enjoyed all the blue.
christmas_314

christmas-316
Will helped everyone open presents, he also had an enthusiastic reaction for every one.
christmas_329
Andrew surprised his parents with this ceramic crech that he had painstakingly
hand painted every piece.
christmas-325

christmas_322
This is the first picture I took with the 100mm macro lens that
Reece had given me for christmas. I had been doing some product
shooting and had been really wanting a macro capability.
christmas-330
for those who I was giving gift cards, I made the delivery more
special by making snow globes out of mason jars with, where the
gift cards could be seen through the swirling clouds of glitter.
christmas_331

christmas-333
Always a ver merry time full of love with my family.

1 comment:

Karin said...

So much fun! Good memories! I saved all the ribbons from the gifts and have used them for YW projects and elementary school art projects--they were so beautiful I couldn't throw them away. I loved your globe idea for the gift cards. You are so clever! I'm looking forward to another fun Christmas in a few days. Yay!