Monday, November 21, 2011

Some Seasonal Crafting

christmas_119
Reece's family decided to have a homemade gift exchange for christmas.
Each child was assigned an adult to help them make their gifts. We helped
little Jonah and Enoch make gifts for grandma and grandpa. We helped them
make handprints in paint on aprons, which I embroidered a "to" and "from"
next to with matching thread. We also got tote bags and fabric markers
and let them decorate a tote for each grandparent. We then rolled up the aprons
and put them in the totes with tissue paper for under the tree. I did make wooden
block ornaments to tie into the ribbons on each of the tote bags' handles. Each
ornament had a picture of the child on one side; brown, cream, and gold decorative
papers "modge podged" on the other three sides; a ribbon loop for hanging on top;
and a ribbon tassel hanging from the bottom.

christmas_122

christmas_126
Jonah was decorating Grandma's tote, he asked what she liked and we said anything french.
He didnt know anything french so we pulled up some pictures of france to give him ideas,
here is his eifel tower.... and we helped him with his french spelling. He did all the coloring
by himself. I thought it was amazingly adorable. And as you can see.....it was a lot of hard
work.
christmas_121

christmas_120

christmas-127

christmas_231

My family got together one night to do our annual decorating of gingerbread houses.
The little kiddos got busy eating the candy, Kitch and I focused on our houses.
The argyle roof design that I thought up too way longer than I thought but
it was still super fun. I loved the vintage dear that came with the kits.
christmas_129

christmas_131

christmas-155

christmas-154

christmas-153
Jenny dressed up her little boy Sammy as Santa. He was adorable.
christmas_144

christmas_139

christmas_148



1 comment:

Karin said...

love the homemade gifts. Your gingerbread house looks professional! Baby Sam is so darling. Love the Santa suit.