I have all my christmas decorations that I have collected or have
been handed down to me organized by color. I like to think of
different combinations of the colors, mixed with
a few new ornaments here and there, for different looks
Back when we were in Boston I remembered seeing a stunning
christmas tree decorated with a peacock theme. Of course I
couldn't take a picture at the time but it still stuck in my head.
Since then I had been collecting any peacock items on sale.
In India I fell further in love with the motif of the peacock. At a
traditional Indian wedding there is a carving that is placed in the
doorway of the brides house. In the carving there are parrots and
peacocks. The parrots symbolize that a couple should talk often
in their relationship. The peacock symbolizes that everybody has
their faults. For as beautiful as the peacock is, it still has ugly feet.
But that hasn't stopped people from loving the beautiful aspects of
the peacock throughout all history. A wonderful reminder to look
for the beauty in everyone.
In the end what I had collected didn't fill up the tree very well, so
I got some blue and green walmart ornaments (24 for $5,
amazing) and Kate and I painted some peacock feather motifs
on them while watching christmas movies.
I used indian saris for garlands one is mine and the other is my mothers,
I also incorporated gold and a crown motif. I turned all the books besides the
green and blue bound books, around so all you could see was white. I pulled
gold, green, and blue pillows from around the house to group together on the
couch.
Jenny gave me a few sparkly peacock ornaments for my birthday earlier.
My little Dubbie still LOVES trees. He can't climb up the fake tree like
he could with our real ones, but he still hides under the branches swatting
at the low hanging ornaments.
The next week I found peacock gift wrapping paper at walmart. So perfect.

















1 comment:
STUNNING! I'm so glad you posted pictures of your tree because I never got to see it in real life. You are amazing with decorating! I can't believe you even painted your own peacock ornaments!
Post a Comment