At the end of fall semester we celebrated by throwing a christmas party with
a print trade (I brought home some beauties) and a themed fun photo shoot.
Since I was teaching color photography this year I really wanted to focus
on color, specifically colors unique to the photographic process. A big part
of the color class is learning about different color spaces and how to maintain
color accuracy when moving from one to another. The additive color theory
has primary colors of Red, Green, and Blue and deals with the color of light.
The absence of all light is black and the combination of all colors of light
is white. This is the color space photographic equipment uses, digital cameras,
film, and computer monitors. The CMYK (Cyan, magenta, yellow, and black)
color space is called the subtractive color Theory, and is used in printing
processes. The absence of all pigment results in white, and the combination
of all pigments is black. There are many other color spaces but these two
I thought would make great color pallets for a photography departmental
shoot. I chose RGB for the Christmas shoot mixed with all the fun seasonal
elements: mittens, garlands, bows, presents, ornaments, lights, and snow.
This holiday season like most was super busy and I wish I had been organized
enough to promote this activity more. But for those that
participated, it was fun and you all looked great.
One of the print lab techs had his kids come in since they were already
dressed up having been in a christmas concert earlier. They were super cute.


















1 comment:
You know how to make taking pictures look like tons of fun. I love the humor and cheer you captured in this photo shoot!
Post a Comment