Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nativity

christmas_42
The family attended the "Echos of Christmas" live nativity in
Liberty park this year. A shepherd is your guide as he takes you
to various scenes set up in the park. In each vignette you meet a
character in the Nativity story who then sings a short song about
how they fit into the event. Most of the scenes had live animals
interacting with the characters. Sheep, goats, donkeys, and even a
camel camped out with the wisemen. It was a fun and new way of
experiencing the story of the Birth of Christ. It was cold but the kids
were fully intrigued.
christmas-57

christmas-47

christmas_44

christmas_49

christmas_51

christmas-55

christmas_56

christmas_53

christmas_64

christmas_67

christmas_59

christmas-70
We then came home and acted out our own nativity.
My mom has been adding costumes for this event
for years, everyone takes turns playing the various parts,
usually the newest mother in the family plays Mary.
christmas_73

christmas_77

christmas_88

christmas_79

christmas-86

christmas-87

christmas_91

christmas_95

christmas_100

christmas-105
I was an angel caring mom's extremely old bible.
christmas_104

christmas_90
boys will be boys.
christmas-108

christmas_112

christmas-115

christmas-119

christmas-120

2 comments:

The Kitch said...

I loved this family activity it was so fun! You got some good pictures of all the adorable kiddos. I love the ones of Evie at the Echos of Christmas bundled in her cute pink hat and gloves.

Karin said...

You definitely captured the true meaning of Christmas in these shots. I love the lighting at the Echoes of Christmas. What sweet memories:)